ICONSIAM is a sensational riverside mixed-use shopping destination where the best of Thailand's retail, entertainment, hospitality, and more come together as one.Read more
Pay respect to the God of the Green Dragon from the most respected Guangdong temple and enjoy a spectacular performance of China’s No.1 acrobatic show plus stunning duo dragon dance and colorful lion show from The Chinese Opera Association.
The God of the Green Dragon from the Green Dragon Shrine, one the most respected temple of the Guangdong province in China has exclusively been relocated to ICONSIAM for public worship for blessing and good fortune. This is an auspicious and rare opportunity for people to be able to pay respect to one of China’s most respected God who is believed to make wishes come true whether about business, commerce, travel, prosperity, wealth and success. Visitors are also eligible to obtain Chinese talisman said to send off bad luck and bring auspiciousness, distributed free of charge at 500 pieces per day, 5 times a day at 11.00, 13.00, 15.00, 17.00 and 19.00 hrs.
In addition, ICONSIAM also offers lineups of spectacular performances including exciting world-acclaimed Acrobatic Show from Beijing, topped with duo Dragon Show and traditional Lion Dance that comprises of 4 types of lions from the Chinese Opera Association, all complimented by the dazzling panoramic view of the Chao Praya River. Over 10 exciting acrobatic performances from The National Acrobat of the People’s Republic of China in Beijing are open to the public like hoops, Black and White Fantasy, Ball Catching, Swing High Crutches and the 9th Wave. Plus a grand performance of Duo dragons and lion dances that combines traditional lions from 4 regions including Guangdong, Beijing, Hakka and Hainan. Admission is free.
SOOKSIAM at G Floor, ICONSIAM, also takes part in the celebration with “Happy Chinese Year 2020.” This town of Amazing Thai Charms has exciting lineups of Chinese-related activities and performances. The town has turned into China Town with wide arrays of selective shops and stalls with more than 20-years fame. Visitors can also find selections of auspicious activities and products. “Auspicious Offering” allows visitors to pay respect to 8 Gods from Mangkorn Kamalwat Temple. “Auspicious Delicacies” offers varieties of menus that believed to bring good luck from popular shops and stalls across China Town, Tald Plu and Thonburi, plus sets of offering to gods from 4 regions across Thailand and healthy option like bird nest. “Auspicious Consumption” presents clothing and amulets that will ward off bad luck. “Auspicious Offerings” combines sets of offerings to gods that will bring wealth and “Auspicious Performances” that includes dragon and lion dance, Chinese lantern dance and more.
ZHENG ZHAO, ASEAN’s first Chinese sailing ship museum and the one any only on Chao Praya River – the historic route of the Thai naval army also welcomes visitors on board to celebrate the Chinese New Year. The over-the-water museum features an exhibition in commemoration to King Taksin the Great, the only King of the Thonburi era who has been highly respected by the Chinese-Thai descendants. To celebrate 250 Anniversary of Thonburi, the museum has showcased the life-size statue of King Thaksin The Great holding his sword. The public can pay respect and immerse in his astounding legacy to bring the nation together as one. The exhibition also features his biography and his excellencies in terms of the battles, the restoration of the kingdom and the expansion of trade. The museum opens from Tuesday-Sunday, from 11.00- 20.00 hrs. at ICONSIAM Pier 5.
River Park on G floor
• Acrobatic show by China’s national troupe (Beijing) that has won countless gold medals from both national and international contests
• Dance of Two Grand Dragons & Four-Species Lion Dance
Charoennakorn Hall on M floor
• Acrobatic show by China’s national troupe (Beijing)
• Display of Chinese-opera figurines and Chinese musical instruments
• Workshops on Chinese-opera face-mask painting/Chinese-opera makeups and
• A fair of auspicious items, ornaments, and clothes
Rassada Hall on 1st floor
• Worship to Green Dragon God or 青龍爺, who is the deity of abundance. As many as 500 fabric amulets that have been consecrated at the god’s shrine in Shantou, China, will be distributed each day.
SOOKSIAM on G floor
• Celebrate the Chinese New Year via “Happy, Lucky Year: Perpetual Prosperity and Fortune” event at SOOKSIAM, which brings together legendary shops from Chinatown and Thon Buri area for a complete range of products for offerings to sacred beings, worship items, auspicious products for the celebrations plus auspicious food/dessert from four Thai regions.
• Distribution of products for offerings to sacred beings/baskets of auspicious fruits at Taka Marché on G floor;
• Get auspicious Japanese orange for spending at least Bt500 per receipt, and enjoy lively processions of dragon/lion dances on M, 1, 2, 3 and 4 floors. Showtimes: Noon and 5pm (on 25 – 26 Jan 2020 only)
In addition to the celebrations, ICONSIAM also has several special promotions for international customers just for Chinese New Year. Click here to learn more about them.