Enjoy the cuisines, crafts and merchandise of the “local” communities and uncover our shared heritage of life along the Chao Phraya through exhibitions and art displays. As time moves closer to the starting date for the construction of the 10-meter wide, 57 km long road along both sides of the Chao Phraya River, we invite you to come to Banglamphu Museum to listen to the riverside communities who are directly affected by the project.
Hear their thoughts, understand their feelings, get to know them and show your support by joining our unique #MyChaoPhraya mural project where all of us can draw and paint our dreams and wishes for a better Bangkok and the responsible development of the riverside on a big canvas. All artworks will be displayed in an exhibition located in many Bangkok landmarks later on.
Saturday, 5 August 2017
11am – 7.30pm
– Explore arts, crafts, food and ingenious local creations from eight heritage communities along the Chao Phraya River.
– Have fun at an Arts & Crafts Workshop and Cooking Demonstration
– Learn the history of eight riverside communities with the help from our “mini” guides
– Paint your hopes, dreams and wishes for the Chao Phraya River together on a giant #MyChaoPhraya mural
3:00 – 4:00pm
– Panel Discussion: Sustainable Development for the Chao Phraya River
4:00 – 5:00pm
– Anand Panyarachun, honorary president of the event, to preside